Welcome to the website of SIVAKUMAR ASSOCIATES, a law firm based out of Bangalore. The Firm caters to the needs of its clients based in Bangalore and elsewhere. The firm is promoted by S Sivakumar, Advocate who is also a fellow member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and the Institute of Company Secretaries of India. The Firm has deployed some well-known Advocates and has also employed other professionals like Chartered Accountants, MBA, etc.
The Firm operates mainly in the areas of indirect taxation, direct taxation, Company Law, FEMA, SEZ, etc. and offers services in the areas of consulting, advisory and litigation. The Firm’s lawyers have represented their clients’ cases before the various judicial forums like the Hon’ble High Court, CESTAT, ITAT, etc.
LIST OF PRACTICE AREAS
Indirect tax matters - Litigation
We handle the needs of our corporate clients in the areas of service tax, central excise, customs, VAT and Foreign Exchange Management Act (‘FEMA’). Our services include the following:
- Representing our clients before the Government authorities in tax proceedings
- Drafting replies to audit and show cause notices, proposition notices and endorsements
- Preparation of appeals to be filed before the Joint Commissioners, Adjudicating Commissioners, etc
- Preparation of appeals to be filed before the appellate forums such as Karnataka Appellate Tribunal (for VAT matters), Customs Excise and Service Tax Appellate Tribunal (for central indirect tax matters), Appellate Commissioners as also the High Court of Karnataka.
- Appearing and arguing our clients’ cases before the adjudicating authorities, appellate commissioners, KAT, CESTAT, High Courts, etc.
- Filing of writ petitions before the Hon’ble High Court of Karnataka
Indirect tax matters – advisory and consulting services
We provide advisory and consulting services in the areas of VAT, service tax, central excise, customs and FEMA in the form of giving opinions, consultancy, etc., assistance in terms of implementing the best practices related to indirect taxation, assistance in compliance matters related to indirect taxes, assistance in obtaining refunds from the Departments, etc.
Direct tax matters
We provide support to our clients in the following areas :
- Assistance in terms of handling income tax scrutiny assessments, regular assessments, etc.
- Assistance in filing appeals before the CIT (Appeals), ITAT, High Court, etc.
- Consultancy and advisory services related to income tax matters
- Assistance in tax planning and tax management
Company Law Matters
We provide consultancy and advisory services in terms of compliances under the various provisions of the Companies Act, 2013 and the allied laws including filings, incorporation of companies, maintenance of the requisite registers, meetings, filing of applications before the Company Law Board, Tribunals, High Court, etc.
Foreign Exchange Management Act
We provide advisory and consultancy services on the various aspects related to the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 including representations before the Government authorities, RBI, Authorized Dealers, etc. We also offer similar services in allied laws like the the Prevention of Anti-Money Laundering Act, 2002 etc. Drafting
We also provide services in terms of drafting of legal and commercial agreements, advising clients on issues related to contracts, etc.
General Advisory Services to corporates
We also render general advisory services to corporates in the areas of employment contracts, labor law disputes, commercial contracts, etc.